Heated Table - Sculpture Equipment Re-visited

With winter persisting, my mind swings back around to the design of a piece of equipment I was imagining about this time last year. What seemed to bring it up was the simple co-incidence of handling some angle iron that I used elsewhere. Already punched with 3/8" holes it would seem easy to fasten pieces together and adjust.

I have also been thinking about adjusting the proportions of the table top to a size that might accommodate other uses, such as painting in encaustic, something on the order of a large blueprint size of 30" x 40", and perhaps adding a couple cooling shelves below.

Heated table

[half-inch steel plate omitted to show heater elements, two 1/4" broilers]

After a successful repair on an old electric water heater I have also grown curious about the idea of heating the top via direct contact with a similar heater element and/or adapting heater coils and controls from a used electric stove.

Comments

Popular Posts